Use these 5 tips to create an engaging reading environment for your child.
1. Find out your child’s interests.
2. Take a trip to the local library, book store, or your own book collection to gather several books and magazines about your child’s topics of interest.
3. Work with your child to set up a space in your home to store the books. If you don’t have an extra shelf, a shoebox or cereal box works great for storing books. Have your child personalize the box with their name and pictures or drawings of their interests and favorite characters.
4. Set up a comfortable space for your child to enjoy reading the books in their library.
5. Replenish the library with new titles often. Have your child help choose the books.